Sunday, September 14, 2008

ITS A CHILLED MEME TIME


V.P of "Vegetable Platter" and Sukanya of " Sukanya's Musing" has tagged me with a "MEME".Since this was my first time ,perhaps you all would be having a good time reading about me......
Here are the rules
(a) List these rules on your blog.
(b) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
(c) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.


1. I love sleeping so much that i sleep like 12-14 hrs a day.But sometimes i have to sacrifice it on the weekends. You will always find me there in other times too....I love reading/listenin/........in my bed.


2.Am a big fitness freak .I eat and at the same time take care accordingly to be fit .And at the same time i keep pestering my husband to take care of his fitness.But he's like least bothered about it........He is sooo lazy that he's just glued up to the "T.V" and a "laptop".


3.Am a creative person and Loves experimenting things ....


(A) Cooking(i've learnt it after coming to U.S. Before that I was so lazy to enter into the kitchen)


(B)Arts&Crafts(Remember the S.U.P.W classes....i've never missed even a single class in my school days.) ,


(C)I have learnt dancing ,painting,toy making(i still have few paintings and soft-toys like...a rabbit,a parrot,a teddy,a monkey,a doggy......that i've made.....but when i make a visit to India i sure will be bringing them back with me........)


(D)Coming to my college days.....I loved the colorful chemistry lab,the carpentry lab, and most of all "The Engineering Drawing" subject in the 1st year.


4.Click..click ...click....whereever i go i always have a camera with me..i love taking pictures......and love watching them......and infact it captures those wonderful moments ....... and as a matter of fact u can see a few photo frames hanging around in my house.


5.I love shopping.Am crazy about having everything perfect and matching from top to bottom.I design my own clothes(just chudidars...tat was in India) but now theres no way i can do it.


6.I dont get much into a person at the first meet itself.I feel more comfortable having conversation with a compassionate and down to earth kind of a person.


7.I rarely watch T.V.But when i watch i love watching T.V shows like 'Everybody Loves Raymond', 'Sienfield', 'I love Lucy', 'South Park' with my husband.I find the 'Cartman' character in southpark really hilarious.


I hope you all had a nice time reading.......Since youall have known something about

me i dont want you guys to leave empty-handed.......Now its the time for a small

break.......lets chill out a little bit with a Fresh Home-Made Iced Lemonade.........Lets

Have Fun!!!!!!!!......

Photobucket

The beauty of lemon juice is that it raises the alkalinity of the water so that even with

standard tap water you can make your drink pH neutral. I really loved the light

cream shade of the ice grains .If you wish to have a bit darker color or tangier just

reduce the water quantity or use some form of ice colors.

INGREDIENTS:

Lemon----------------------4 of large size

Granulated Sugar-----------1- cup(i used splenda)

Water----------------------2 cups

Mint Sprigs-----------------to garnish





DIRECTIONS:


1.Let them rest for 10 mins after coming out from the fridge so that they wont be too cold to handle.


2.Slightly squeeze or roll-over the countertop with your palm till the lemon gets a bit loose .


3.Cut out and squeeze out the lemon juice with a lemon sqeezer or a fork.Fork works just fine for me.

4.Mix the lemon juice and water in a container.Now add the sugar and mix well.

5.When the sugar completely dissolves place the container in the freezer for 4 hrs.


6.Just check out the condition by breaking up the solid layer of ice which forms at least once every hour .If its a bits frozen then try to break/scrape and mix it.If completely frozen keep out of the freezer till it gets to the above step by placing the cut ice cubes in an ice-crush blender.


7.The ice should form a smooth consistent texture of imperceptible grains with no lumps.Serve in a tall ice glasse witha spring of mint or a lemon wedge on the top.

Now i would love to tag........

Praneetha of "Kitchen Flavors"--http://kitchenflavors.blogspot.com/

Cham of "Spice-Club"--http://spice-club.blogspot.com/

Archana of "Archy's Recipe Book"--http://archysrecipes.blogspot.com/

Meera of "Kalpavriksha Kamadhenu"--http://meerasubbarao.wordpress.com/

Raajeshwari of "Raks Kitchen"--http://rakskitchen.blogspot.com/

Sujatha of "Spicy Khazana"--http://spicykhazana.blogspot.com/

Sowmya of "Creative Saga".--http://creativesaga.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Usha said...

It was nice reading your meme Raaji,and lemonade seems nice and refreshing...

Unknown said...

Lovely refreshing slush!..Great meme.

ST said...

There is small treat for u at my blog :))

Love reading ur meme and lemonade looks refreshing.

Cham said...

The lemon granita looks beautiful :) I would like to have this one even if it is freezing outside!

Uma said...

Enjoyed reading your meme raaji! And the lemon granita looks perfect.

Srikitchen said...

wow! nice to know about u and lemonade really chilled me! cool pic!
come and join in the chicken event going in my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Raaji,
Thanks for tagging me. I had really no clue what it was. I can do 1. and 2. But, I don't have 7 friends who blog. Any ideas what to do there?

Sum Raj said...

nice knowing abt u...limnade is just perfect...will have anytime...

Anonymous said...

lime drink with ice ........tats the concept......nice blog....nice pictures

Indian Khana said...

Nice reading you tag...and the lemonade looks refreshing :)

Raks said...

Wow your lemonade looks really cool! Perfect presentation too!

Thanks for thinking about for tagging...:)

Unknown said...

wow.that sorbet picture is superb..thanks for the tag..I think I have done it before..I will try if i can again..

Sujatha said...

Nice to know more about you through your MEME.. And thanks for tagging me too! will soon do it.. :)

The drink looks refreshing and delicious!

Archy said...

Nice Meme Raagi !!
Nice click of lemonade.. Thanks for tagging.. shall respond as soon as possible :)!!

Anonymous said...

lemonade is a real thirst-quencher....good picture..wonderful blog

Anonymous said...

so nice of u raaji,thanks a lot for linking me in Meme though u've done it before.Intersting to know abt u in ur meme & i luv ur comments in my blog