Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MY 200th POST & MY 20th WEEK


Hi All.......

This would be my 200th post and for those who havnt caught up with the news ,I'am 20 weeks pregnant. It's a BOY!!!......

Am loving this whole pregnancy thing.....Getting as much sleep/food as you want, getting all kind of attention from my dear hubby/parents, with the baby moving inside once in a couple of hours, feeling happy looking over and over at the ultrasound pictures, haaa all that is a real fun one shouldnt miss.

First of all, It was a planned one. I found out that I was pregnant on April 18th '09 with a home-pregnancy kit. This just happened two days before my 25th B'day ie: April 20th. I was just 6 weeks then. Not knowing this,Just a couple of weeks earlier I invited over few common friends(around 12) to my place for my B'day(it was on 19th evening). Me and my hubby were so excited about this pregnancy thing and planned to tell our parents on my B'day. The evening went well with all the ladies chit-chatting inside and men BBq'ing in the patio. I couldn't stop thinking over to tell my parents while i was with them. I didn't want them to know about this before our parents knew. Later had our dinner..The menu was: My BBQ chicken, Grilled CornCob, Haldirams snack pack, My Bagara rice, My Palakura pappu,My Kadhai Bhindi, Hubby's Awesome Chicken curry, Hubby's Mutton Curry, My Pappu Charu, Hubby's Raita, My Fruit Salad . A few hours later,around 12' O clock i cut a cake. They all left after half-an-hour and I was eagerly waiting for my parents call .We couldn't sleep till 2 in the morning.I thought maybe they would call and wish me in the morning. But they didn't. It was sooo frustrating.We both went to the temple and had dinner along another couple at PFchang. Again I was waiting for their call....i couldnt sleep....unable to withhold my emotions, i made a call at around 10.30PM . It was my brother this time. It was 11.00Am in India.

Bro:Hello!! Haa Akka tell me...How r u?? Happy B'day akka!!!
Me:Thank you!! Hey how stupid you guys dont even care to call me even though u remember it was my B'day...Wheres maa and daddy???Give them the phone.
Bro:Maa and daddy both are sleeping. I will ask them to give a call in the morning. Ok.
Me: What???Sleeping at this time of the day??? Comeon no prb if they are sleeping...Wake them up...
After few seconds.....
Bro: Maa said she will talk to you later...she's in deep sleep.And daddy too.
I didnt believe what he was saying...I felt sth was going on....i could hear my maa talking to dad.
Me: No problem...comeon dont try to fool me ...i know she is fine...i could hear her and dad over the phone..
Bro: Maa.....Akka on the line.
Maa: Haa Raju...How are u??Its 11.00 am here, Isn't it too late for u there....
Me:What maa..why is that nobody cared to wish me on my B'day??? not even dad..
Maa: Haa hello raju...Hello.....what did u say???Hello....i cant hear u nana....i will call you in the evening...ok.

I didn't find any disturbance over the line...she sounded soo gloomy to me...not much of an excitement in her tone that always accompanies her..still i was waiting for their blessings...

Me:(witha curious tone) Maa...I could hear u properly...Whats the matter....You all dont sound soo good...Is everything fine ..comeon tell me...
Maa: (Witha harsh tone)haa...what?? what r u talking about??nothing of that kind...everyones fine...haa sorry raa...happy b'day.

Her words made me think...whats going on???I couldnt say anything else except for hanging up without sharing the wonderful news with them..We both were quite worried thinking of what might have happened. Two days passed. There were no calls from both the sides. At last I called my mom thinking everythig might have been ok. But there was no to answer. I was even more worried. After two days my mom called me.

Me: Hello maa..where have u guys been???i tried to call you several times. Arn't you at home??
Maa: Haa raju...we wen to your grandpa's(mom's dad) village for 2 days. Everybody(my uncles/aunts) gathered there aftera very long time. just for a change.
Me: Why was that all of a sudden??? You've been there last month too right...
Maa: haa but this time everone was coming over...so thought this would be good. thats it. So hows everything?? how's R??
Me: He's fine...listening to our conversaation right now...He says he wants to talk to dad...Is dad there...
Maa:Haa..wait..
R:Hello mamayya..hows everthing going...
Dad:Hello R......(they cover everything from politics,current market trends, housing market to movies)At last he cracks the goodnews to my dad...Both of us talked to mom and dad for around 20-25 mins. They were happy about this...immediately R calls our in-laws to share the same news....They were even more excited about this...Finally I was totally relieved of this burden.

But exactly after 2 weeks i came to know that my Uncle's(moms elder bro) Younger daughter kiran had passed away on 19th. She was diagnosed in May '08 with some kind of cancer at the age of 22, just months after her marriage. Doctors wer'nt sure what it was. A small spreadable lump was developing on her back ,which got even worse after repeated operations.Even after several chemotheraphy sittings we couldnt get her back. I still couldnt imagine she left us all. Whenever I think of her I always get the feeling that she's living happily just as everyone of us are.




15 comments:

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Congratulation raaji !!!!!! Reading the entire post came to know the sad thing sorry about that. But anyway be happy and enjoy ur pregnancy period this is for sure wonderful part in our life time. One coincidence for both of us same day that is apr 18th is the exact date that i found am pregnant.

Kalyani said...

congrats Raaji on ur Pregnancy ..Enjoy ur whole period of pregnancy ... read the whole post & very sorry raaji .....

Raks said...

Take care dear Raaji! Thanks for sharing the good news!!

And really sorry abt the death of ur cousin...

dsdsds said...

Congrats Raji.. Thats of course true.. ultra sounds are the most enjoyable moments. Good and bad are part of life... do not allow all these to affect you.. nothing should depress you now.. Take care.. That was a lovely post.. reminds me of the past... Congrats again

Unknown said...

Congratulations Raji on your pregnancy. very sad in very young age she left all of you any way yevaro anntlu poyinollu andaru manchollu kada so don't think about it be happy and eat healthy food and enjoy your time.
I think I came to your place after along time after recipe marathon....
I used fresh grated cocont for that burfi Raji thank you much for your lovely comment. take care dear.

Unknown said...

A boy!! Wow! Not really to go now.... Congratulations I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like like it! Just had my first little boy, such a wonderful experience. If you are thinking of names by the way, check out http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ where you can search names by meaning and origin. My little boy is called Marlow and he is just perfect. Fingers are crossed everything goes well for you xx P.s. love your blog

Deepthi Shankar said...

Congrtas Raaji .. Take care

dsdsds said...

Thanks for stopping by Raji.. But I have a 14 months old kid now.. pregnancy was a good memory to me!! I will surely tell my due date once I conceive for my second LOL :))

dsdsds said...

One more thing.. try to register at babycenter.com.. its a good site with a lot of good suggestions and recommendation!!

Uma said...

Congratulations on the double century and a healthy pregnancy Raaji!! Take care!

So sorry about the sad news.

Saritha said...

Congrats rajji,eat well and sleep well.Now it is the time for u to get pampered by hubby and others,enjoy each day of ur pregnancy :) tochwood

Oh felt very bad for ur cousin,may her soul rest in peace.

Unknown said...

Congrats dear. And sorry to hear abt your cousin.

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

congratulations and good luck Raaji!

sorry to hear about your cousin.

Hari Chandana P said...

Please pick up your awards and tag from my blog.


http://thecuisine.blogspot.com/2009/07/tag-and-awards.html

Usha said...

Congratulations Raji, take care !

So sorry to hear about your cousin...